Registration Guidelines & Class Policies
[Updated November 2023, effective Monday, November 27, 2023]
General Class Policies
- Please respect the instructor’s time to prepare; do not arrive at your studio more than 10 minutes before class.
- WBCA is a community space; please clean up any messes made during class before the class ends.
- WBCA reserves the right to remove a student from our programming if their behavior is deemed disruptive or not aligned with WBCA’s values of inclusion or accessibility by the instructor and/or WBCA staff.
- WBCA is unable to prorate, refund or issue class credit for a missed class session or late registration.
- In unique circumstances and with instructor permission, students may register for a class series after the first class session. Prorating is unavailable for late registrations and students are responsible for the full tuition amount.
- WBCA reserves the right to cancel a class due to low enrollment. In the event that WBCA cancels a class, students will receive a full refund for the class. To avoid seeing your favorite class cancel, we encourage you to register early.
- Most WBCA programs are held onsite at 4971 Long Ave, White Bear Lake, MN 55110. Some classes are held offsite. Find class locations listed in the catalog, online class description, or registration confirmation email.
- WBCA reserves the right to change any of its policies at any time.
NEW: Out of courtesy to our teaching artists, WBCA asks that students cancel or transfer a registration at least 7 business days before the class start date. For a series class with multiple sessions, this would be 7 business days before the first class session.
- Refund requests for a canceled or transferred registration will only be considered if received at least 7 business days prior to the class start date. If approved, refunds will be made to the original form of payment or in the form of class credit. For a series class with multiple sessions, a refund request would need to be made at least 7 business days prior to the first session of the class.
- Cancellations or transfers submitted less than 7 full business days before the class start date are not eligible for a refund or class credit except in the case of family/medical emergency or unsafe weather conditions.
- If requesting class credit for a missed class due to a family/medical emergency, students should notify WBCA as soon as they are able, either by phone: 651-407-0597 or email: email@example.com A request for class credit may be denied if it is received more than 7 business days after the date of the missed class.
- WBCA reserves the right to deny a refund or class credit for any reason. WBCA reserves the right to adjust the cancellation policy for a particular class or event.
Supply Lists and Material Fees
- Double check if your class has a supply list or material fee listed in the catalog, online class description, or registration confirmation email.
- All supply lists are available at whitebeararts.org/supply-lists. Supply lists are listed alphabetically by class name.
- If your class has a material fee, please bring payment in exact change in the form of cash or check. Material fees are not included in your registration and are due to the instructor on the first day of class.
White Bear Center for the Arts is accessible to all visitors. Visiting our exhibitions and retail shop is free and open to the public during regular building hours. Parking is available on-site, with designated handicapped spots. Bike racks are located near the parking lot entrance.
- A refrigerator and microwave are available for student and teacher use while in class at WBCA, located in the Kigner Family Library. There are also water fountains with bottle refill stations. Please note that there are no vending machines on our campus.
- Complimentary coffee is often available in our atrium throughout the day.
- Carts are available to help bring in/out supplies. Please ask the front desk if you would like to use one.
- Visiting our galleries? Portable gallery seating is available at the front desk.
- If you need any accommodations while visiting or attending class, please don’t hesitate to contact our front desk via phone (651) 407-0597 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- WBCA offers scholarships for students in need of financial assistance to participate in WBCA programs. Scholarships are only applicable to class tuition. Students are responsible for material fees listed outside of tuition costs. To inquire, please call 651-407-0597 or email Wbca@whitebeararts.org. For WBCA's full scholarship policy, click here.
Virtual Class Policies
- Prorating is not permitted. If you cannot attend a live class session, let us know and we will send you the recording from the class.
- Do not share class links. If you know someone who would enjoy the class, please encourage them to join by registering.
- Protect your privacy. If you are attending a live class, take caution to make sure there is not any personal information visible in your background.
Winter Weather [NEW]
What to Expect for Snow/Inclement Weather this winter:
WBCA follows White Bear Lake school district's severe weather closures. There may be other times that WBCA is closed due to weather even if the schools stay open. The best way to find out if WBCA is open is by going to our website, whitebeararts.org. During weather events, WBCA asks that students proactively check our website or call before driving to class.
If winter weather is so severe that WBCA closes, notifications will go out as soon as a decision is made through these venues:
- Email to all affected students notifying of closure and canceled classes.
- Message posted to WBCA’s website homepage whitebeararts.org.
- Messages posted to WBCA’s Facebook and Instagram pages.
Refunds/Class Credit for Canceled Classes:
If WBCA closes for snow/inclement weather, students can receive a refund for the missed class in the form of their original payment or class credit. Please email WBCA at email@example.com if requesting a refund to your original form of payment.
Arriving to Class this Winter:
- If WBCA is open but a student feels unsafe driving to class, they are able to request class credit for the missed class. Please notify us as soon as possible by calling 651-407-0597 and leaving a voicemail or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WBCA makes every effort to ensure our parking lot and sidewalks are cleared of snow prior to the start of classes. There may be extenuating circumstances where this may not have happened yet when you arrive for class. If you need assistance entering the building or have any other concerns, please call us.