Attention all art lovers ~ WBCA needs you!
Join a team of volunteers and share your time and talents with others. Whether you are interested in volunteering on a regular basis, or on occasion, WBCA has an opportunity waiting for you. Your time is valuable, and WBCA offers a very flexible volunteer program and time commitment. Training and orientation are provided to ensure that shared experiences at WBCA are enjoyed by all.
Contact Lori Swanson, Development Coordinator, or call 651-407-0597 to help with any of the opportunities below.
Brewmaster Crew - NEW!
Calling all coffee lovers! Create a warm and welcoming place for everyone as they enter the art center and are greeted with the scent of freshly brewed coffee. Volunteer for one or more shifts throughout the day or week. Early risers are needed to get the coffee brewing first thing in the morning (8:30 a.m.). Other shifts offered late-morning/early afternoon to ensure coffee is plentiful after the morning rush. Time commitment: 1 - 2 hours.
This opportunity is perfect for the person who enjoys being out and about! Deliver quarterly catalogs and special event information to local businesses. Many businesses support WBCA by making our materials readily available to their customers. Delivery lists provided.
- Compassionate and caring individuals assist teaching artists who lead classes and arts experiences offered to adults with intellectual and physical disabilities. Time commitment: 2-3 hours (usually daytime).
- Imagine Art summer arts programming for youth (half-day classes Tuesdays - Thursdays, June - August). Volunteers assist in the classroom, student check-in/check-out, serve as lunch-time chaperones for students participating in both morning and afternoon classes. Time commitment: 3 hours.
- Winter Open House and other special events throughout the year. Volunteers assist visitors with art activities offered during events. Time commitment: 3 hours.
Clay Studio Assistants
- Work under the supervision of WBCA's Clay Studio Manager to help maintain a clean and organized clay studio. This is an ideal opportunity for a volunteer who would like to schedule a regular time to help in the clay studio. Time commitment: 2-4 hours/shift once/week.
- Throughout the year, experienced clay studio participants assist teaching artists during special clay studio arts experiences. These special events include WBCA's winter open house and student field trips. Participants are often new to clay experiences, and volunteers are in high demand to ensure visitors have a positive experience while at WBCA. Time commitment: 2-3 hours/event.
Heart 4 Art - WBCA's annual in-person fundraising event in the spring of each year.
- Organize and collate materials in the weeks leading up to Heart 4 Art. Time commitment varies (1-2 hours).
- Table Hosts - Are you a host/hostess with the most/mostess? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you! Host a table at Heart 4 Art and invite guests to join you. There is no cost to attend Heart 4 Art, and volunteers do not solicit donations. Table Hosts help WBCA fill the event space with guests interested in hearing the inspiring stories of WBCA's impact in the community.
- Greet Heart 4 Art guests as they arrive and check in. Time commitment: 1 hour.
- Help set up event space the day of the event with WBCA informational materials on guest tables, etc. Time commitment: 1-2 hours.
Work under the supervision of WBCA's Gallery Director
- Artwork check-in/check-out. Welcome artists as they drop off/pick up their artwork in gallery exhibitions.
- Install artwork in preparation for gallery exhibitions. Both experienced and new gallery volunteers are welcome; training offered to new gallery volunteers. Note: Some duties may require climbing on ladders and heavy lifting.
- Gallery Docent. Welcome visitors to the Ford Family Gallery, provide supervision during student field trips, and other similar duties.
Time commitment varies depending on activity, usually 3-4 hours.
If you love the outdoors and are proud of your green thumb, then this is the area for you! Enjoy the great outdoors while helping WBCA maintain our gardens and landscaping. Duties vary depending on the season. Flexible scheduling/time commitment.
Greeters - NEW!
WBCA is a welcoming place for all. Join our team of greeters who make everyone entering the art center feel welcome. Greeter opportunities vary and include staffing WBCA's new welcome and information hub. Schedule TBD.
Piano Players - NEW!
We want you! Share your gift of music with others and play the beautiful Baby Grand piano at WBCA. We would love to showcase your talent while your art center is bustling with visitors. Time commitment 1-2 hours. Daytime and evening shifts available.
Retail Sales - NEW!
Volunteer in WBCA's NEW retail store! Schedules TBD.
- Work under the supervision of WBCA'S Retail Sales Manager
- Greet and assist customers
- Keep space clean and orderly
- Other duties, as assigned
Do you have the gift of hospitality to share with others? Then this is the area for you!
- Join the Party Warriors who work alongside WBCA staff the day of large special events to prepare the hospitality space and light refreshments offered to guests. These special events include gallery exhibition opening receptions. Volunteers are needed before, during and after events. Duties vary dependent on shift, usually 1-4 hours.
- Hospitality volunteer opportunities are also available throughout the year during smaller events at WBCA, such as lectures, artist talks, etc. Water and coffee are offered to guests at these smaller events. Time commitment: 1 hour.