Imagine Art Policies & FAQ
Registration Policies & Guidelines
- Prorating is not permitted.
- Registrations can be completed on our website, by calling the front desk at 651-407-0597, or coming in person and registering with the front desk.
- WBCA will make every effort to accommodate individual student needs.
- Check in begins 15 minutes prior to start time. Do not arrive more than 15 minutes before class.
- All students must be checked out within 5 minutes of class ending or a late pick up fee may incur. WBCA does not provide child care before or after camps. Please make proper arrangements to have your child(ren) dropped off and picked up on time.
- With the number of campers, Teaching Artists and other staff, parents/guardians are asked to respect the classroom space and honor the drop off and pick up times of your camper’s sessions.
- If your child is signed up for a full day of camp, please bring a bag lunch for your child to eat during the afternoon break. Snacks will not be provided. WBCA is allergen conscious so please try to refrain from sending nut based foods with your child(ren).
- Teaching Artists are subject to change in the case of illness and other such events.
- To ensure an atmosphere of joy and wonder for WBCA and that its programming is accessible to all members of the community, we must be a culturally responsive center that reflects the diversity of our local area. WBCA believes that diversity, inclusion, and equity are essential to fulfilling our mission: to enrich lives by celebrating art, nourish imagination by inspiring creativity, and build understanding by connecting people for all in the Northeast Metro suburban area who wish to participate. WBCA embraces differences and commonalities across race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental & physical ability, religion, age, and socioeconomic class.
Clay Class Specific Policies
- Completed projects may be picked up 2 weeks after your camp ends; we will email you when finished. We strongly recommend that you bring your child with you to help identify what they made. Projects left behind by the end of August will be discarded. If you cannot pick up your child’s projects by this date, please make arrangements for someone else to pick them up.
- All instructor listings are subject to change. Class periods will include time for cleanup. Class descriptions are subject to change depending on ability levels of participating students.
- Due to the very nature of clay and the firing process, WBCA is not responsible for any damage to work caused by poor construction or the firing or glazing processes.
Behavior and Discipline Policies
- WBCA reserves the right to remove a student from our programming if the Teaching Artist, WBCA Staff, or classroom volunteers deems behavior disruptive.
- Teaching Artists and classroom volunteers will make an effort to redirect students to appropriate behaviors if deemed necessary. In the event a student continues inappropriate behavior, they may be asked to leave for the day.
- Bullying is not tolerated. Each student is expected to treat all other students with respect. If a student has inappropriate behavior, parents may be called upon to assist.
- Students take responsibility for their own actions
- Students should respect themselves and the others around them in all settings.
- Students should let an instructor or classroom volunteer know if they are uncomfortable with any experiences while at WBCA.
Class Cancellation Policies
- Refunds will be issued if the student cancels 1 week or more before the start of a class.
- Refund requests received with less than 1 week notice will only be allowed if there is a family/medical emergency OR unsafe weather conditions.
- No refunds or class credit will be issued for missed classes except in extraordinary circumstances.
- COVID-19 related cancellations are permitted.
- Please call the front desk at 651-407-0597 to let us know if your child will be late or absent for the day.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Cancellations and refunds requested 1 week or more prior to the camp will be eligible for full refund. Cancellations and refunds requested within 1 week of the start of the camp are not permitted unless it falls within our cancellations policies. Please see Cancellation Policies for more information.
Registrations can be completed on our website, by calling the front desk at 651-407-0597, or coming in person and registering with the front desk.
Students must register for either all morning sessions in a week, all afternoon sessions in a week, or a full day of both morning and afternoon sessions in a week. In order to take a class being held during a week, the student must register for that time session for the whole week.
All Teaching Artists, classroom volunteers, and WBCA staff have all completed background checks and are excited to work with the youth attending our summer camps here at WBCA.
With the number of campers, Teaching Artists, and other staff, parents/guardians are asked to respect the classroom space and honor the drop off and pick up times of your camper’s sessions and allow them to attend class by themselves.
Prorating for classes is not permitted. If your child needs to miss a day of camp due to illness, a credit for the missed day will be placed on file with WBCA and can be used to pay tuition on a future class. No credit card refunds will be permitted. Please call the front desk at 651-407-0597 to let us know if your child will be late or absent for the day.
YES! Scholarships are available! See the Scholarships section of the Imagine Art Policies for more information.
Most projects will be available to take home the day it is made, with the exception of clay projects. Clay projects can be picked up approximately 10 days after the completion of the camp they were registered for.
If your child is signed up for a full day of camp, please bring a bag lunch for your child to eat during the afternoon break. Snacks will not be provided. WBCA is allergen conscious so please try to refrain from sending nut based foods with your child(ren).
All art has the possibility of being messy. Most mediums used during camps will be washable (clay included) so comfortable clothes they can get messy in. Please bring a reusable tote bag to hold finished projects to be taken home every day. Reusable water bottles are also strongly recommended.
If your child has an epi-pen, we ask that they have it with them at all times. Please also notify WBCA if that is the case. Please contact WBCA if you have further questions.