Show Dates: March 4 – April 10, 2019
Northern Lights Juried Art Exhibition features some of Minnesota and Wisconsin’s finest artists and is a great opportunity to build your artistic profile, resume, and portfolio. We encourage you to apply.
|Show dates:||March 4 – April 10, 2019|
|Location:||Ford Family Gallery at WBCA|
|Submission Deadline:||Friday, January 11, 2019, 11:59 PM|
|Notification of selected works:||Approximately February 4|
|Artwork dropoff:||Thursday, February 21, 9:00 AM-8:00 PM
Friday, February 22, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Saturday, February 23, 10:00 AM-2:00 PM
|Opening reception:||Thursday, March 7, 6:30-8:30 PM|
|Artwork pickup:||Thursday, April 11, 9:00 AM-8:00 PM
Friday, April 12, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Saturday, April 13, 10:00 AM-2:00 PM
|Entry fee:||1-3 entries: $30 Member/$45 Non-Member
4-6 entries: $40 Member/$55 Non-Member
Submission of work does not guarantee acceptance.
- Open to living artists residing in Minnesota & Wisconsin
- Recent 2D and 3D works, including but not limited to drawings, paintings, fiber, pottery, photography, and sculptures
- All artwork must be original in composition and concept, and executed solely by the artist. No copies or class work. Pieces deemed not original to the artist will be disqualified.
- Inappropriate subject matter is not acceptable. WBCA reserves the right to determine acceptability.
Conditions for selected works
- All hanging work must be properly framed (gallery wrap with no staples showing on the sides is also acceptable) and have a hanging wire. No sawtooth or photo hangers.
- Hanging wire should be 1/3 down from top of piece, not taut nor too much slack (the wire shouldn’t be too close to the top edge).
- Oil and acrylic paintings must be framed unless the painting extends to the sides of the canvas.
- Drawings, prints, and watercolors must be under glass and framed. Exceptions include work that has been covered with wax or varnish. Other methods may be acceptable – contact WBCA with questions.
- Photographs should be under glass and framed. Exceptions include photographs printed on metal or canvas if the photograph extends to the sides of the canvas. Other methods may be acceptable – contact WBCA with questions.
- 2D work must not exceed a total perimeter measurement of 240 inches, frame included
- 3D work must not exceed 6 feet in any direction or weigh more than 100 pounds.
- Minimum size to the discretion of the artist.
- Please contact WBCA at 651-407-0597 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about artwork criteria.
- Artwork must be listed with a sales price or denoted not for sale (NFS).
- White Bear Center for the Arts will handle all art sales. Artwork priced for sale should include 30% commission.
Entry process – all entries must be submitted online!
- Click here to register.
- Enter contact and membership information.
- Enter your entry information and images. You can submit up to 6 entries (your entry fee will depend on the number of entries; see price tiers above).
- For each 2D entry, you may submit one image. For each 3D entry, you may submit three images. Images must be .jpg, .jpeg, or .png. Maximum image size is 15 MB. High quality images are strongly encouraged.
- Your payment amount will be determined by your membership status and number of entries submitted. Select a payment option. If you choose to pay online, you will be able to enter your credit card information through PayPal. If you do not pay online, you must pay by check, cash, or by calling WBCA with your credit card information. To pay by credit card over the phone, call 651.407.0597. Make checks out to White Bear Center for the Arts and mail to 4971 Long Avenue, White Bear Lake, MN 55110.
- All entries must be submitted through the online form by Friday, January 11, 11:59 PM – NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. If you submitted your entry but did not pay your fee via PayPal, you must submit payment to WBCA no later than January 18, 4:00 PM. Your entry is not official until we receive your payment.
- Notification of jury decisions will be mailed the week of February 4.
- Selected artwork may be dropped off or mailed to WBCA.
- WBCA will accept dropped off artwork Thursday, February 21 (9:00 AM-8:00 PM), Friday, February 22 (9:00 AM-4:00 PM), or Saturday, February 23 (10:00 AM-2:00 PM).
- Mailed artwork must arrive no later than February 23. All shipped artwork must be prepaid with postage included! Packaging and labeling should clearly identify the artist and piece. There is a $15 handling fee for shipped artwork.
- An identification label for each selected work must be attached to the back on the upper left-hand corner of 2D work and wherever feasible on 3D work.
- Reasonable care will be taken in handling and displaying art work, but no responsibility is assumed by White Bear Center for the Arts (WBCA) for loss or damage of any kind. Submission of work indicates acceptance of these conditions and agreement that digital or photographic images may be used for publicity purposes by WBCA, including on the WBCA website.
- Artist also agrees to pickup artwork on Thursday, April 11 (9:00 AM-8:00 PM), Friday, April 12 (9:00 AM-4:00 PM), or Saturday, April 13 (10:00 AM-2:00 PM). All artwork must be displayed until this time. A late fee of $15, plus $5 per week, will be assessed for any items not picked up by 2:00 PM on April 13 (NO EXCEPTIONS!).
- Cash awards – Best of Show, Excellence Awards, Merit Awards
- Plus 3 Judge’s Choice Awards
Contact us at 651.407.0597 or email@example.com with any questions.
BEST OF SHOW
Portrait of Sylvia
AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
Spring Garden and Orange
AWARDS OF MERIT
Dennis Zerwas Jr.
Road G. Bridge
Emily Gray Koehler
The Persistence of Life
Judge – Dan Mackerman
Attila Ray Dabassi
Assault on Liberty
Judge – Zac Spates
Travertine and Trees
Judge – Mary Jo Van Dell
Mark J. Caselius
PHOTOGRAPHING YOUR WORK
WBCA is offering photograph sessions for members with Lars Samuelsson on January 5, 2018 between 11 AM-2 PM. Call (651) 407-0597 to reserve your spot. The charge will be $15 per session which includes light post-processing in Lightroom/Photoshop and 1 high-resolution file and 1 smaller file for emailing purposes. All work will be shared via the cloud service Dropbox using your email.