White Bear Center for the Arts
Privacy, Security, Refund, and Discontinue Contact Policy
White Bear Center for the Arts (WBCA) uses personal information collected from constituents for the purposes of processing payments and communicating with constituents about WBCA, as well as conducting the operations of WBCA. This information may include name, address, telephone number, email address, constituent comments, and any other information provided to WBCA (“Constituent Data”).
WBCA accumulates website user statistics through Google Analytics, which may collect personal information, including IP addresses and cookie information.
Constituent Data may be used for these kinds of purposes and possibly others from time to time:
- Distributing receipts and donor thank you letters
- Administration of membership
- Informing constituents about upcoming WBCA activities
- Internal analysis, such as research and analytics
- Reporting to applicable government agencies as required by law
Unless otherwise stated, WBCA does not publish, sell, trade, rent, exchange, or share Constituent Data.
It is WBCA’s internal policy to limit access to financial information to professional staff that need to process that information for the purposes described above. Personal financial information is not sold to or traded with other parties.
WBCA seeks to retain constituent-related information only as needed to fulfill the purposes described in this policy unless a longer retention period is required by law or regulations.
WBCA is committed to protecting constituent personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Online transactions are negotiated via SSL connections. While WBCA works to provide for the security of your information, it cannot absolutely guarantee that the credit card data is secure and is not liable for information the constituent shares with others. WBCA does not retain credit card information after it is used to process authorized transactions. WBCA recommends that constituents only provide credit card information to organizations they know.
Except in extenuating circumstances, tuition is not pro-rated or refunded for missed classes. A $5 clerical fee will be charged for credits or refunds. Credits or refunds will not be issued for cancellations less than three days before a class.
It is the policy of WBCA to discontinue contacting any person upon that person’s oral or written request directed to the organization, its professional fundraiser, or other agent.
1. WBCA shall maintain a record of all requests by persons who indicate to WBCA, its professional fundraiser, and other agents, that they do not wish to be contacted by or on behalf of WBCA.
2. Limitation: This policy does not prohibit contact by WBCA that is solicited by a person or a person’s representative, even if the person or his/her representative have requested to be placed on the “do not contact list.” Contact by WBCA that is solicited by a person whose name appears on “do not contact” list shall be limited to providing a direct response to the person’s inquiry and shall not cause the person’s name to be removed from the “do not contact” list.
3. Procedure: Upon a person’s (or a person’s authorized representative’s) request that WBCA discontinue further contacts, the person’s name and address will be promptly removed from our database or modified to insure that no further contact is made with the person.
4. Permanent Record: WBCA will maintain a record of all requests for discontinuance of contacts. Oral requests will be recorded in writing by the staff and maintained with the written requests.