The mission of White Bear Center for the Arts is to provide a gateway to diverse arts experiences.
- Educate new and established artists
- Cultivate the understanding of art in its many forms
- Celebrate the joys of art
- Creative process
- Transformative experience
Statement of Diversity & Inclusion:
To ensure an atmosphere of joy and wonder for the White Bear Center for the Arts (WBCA) and that its programming is accessible to all members of the community, WBCA must be a culturally responsive center that reflects the diversity of our local area.
WBCA believes that diversity, inclusion and equity are essential to fulfilling our mission to provide a gateway to diverse arts experiences for all people in the Northeastern metro suburban area who wish to participate. WBCA embraces differences and commonalities across race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, mental & physical ability, religion, age, & social economic class.
We believe that in order to build a more diverse membership, we must work to identify barriers and commit to removing these limitations.
We commit to expanding our awareness about, and representation in, the greater diverse arts experience and strive to make art an intrinsic part of everyday life.
To meaningfully and measurably foster a culture of inclusion we will focus on:
- Building our cultural capacity through education, cultural training, and intentional engagement with diverse artists and audiences;
- Providing accessible programs of relevance by engaging diverse artists in planning and delivery of programs at WBCA.
- Seeking opportunities that expand outreach to diverse populations in our community.
WBCA stands behind the importance of long-term sustainable relationships built on genuine respect for the creative, social and cultural spirit of each individual. This initiative will be the bedrock for all action and planning done by the Board and Staff at White Bear Center for the Arts.