White Bear Center for the Arts 2017 Members’ Exhibition
All members are welcome to participate in the Members’ Exhibition! Everyone is welcome to attend the show. Dates below.
Artwork information provided on registration form is final. No changes allowed. No exceptions!
Please contact the office if you are unsure of your membership status.
|November 20 – December 15, 2017
Ford Family Gallery at WBCA
Friday, October 13, 2017, 4:00 PM
|Artwork Dropoff:||Thursday, November 9, 9:00 AM-8:00 PM
Friday, November 10, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Saturday, November 11, 10:00 AM-2:00 PM
|Public Reception:||Thursday, December 7, 6:30-8:30 PM|
|Artwork Pickup:||Saturday, December 16, 10:00 AM-2:00 PM
Monday, December 18, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Tuesday, December 19, 9:00 AM-8:00 PM
*The registration form must be received (submitted online or received in the office) by the deadline.
- All WBCA members in good standing as of October 13, 2017, may enter 1 piece.
- This is a non-juried exhibition.
- Recent 2D and 3D works, including but not limited to drawings, paintings, fiber, pottery, photography, and sculptures.
- All artwork must be original in composition and concept, and executed solely by the artist. Pieces deemed not original to the artist will be disqualified.
- Inappropriate subject matter is not acceptable. WBCA reserves the right to determine acceptability.
- All items must remain on view through the close of show. Artwork must be picked up during one of the times listed above. A late fee of $15, plus $5 per week, will be assessed for any items not picked up by 8:00 PM on December 19 (no exceptions).
- Artwork information provided on registration form is final. No changes allowed after the registration deadline. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Conditions for Artwork
- All hanging work must be properly framed (gallery wrap with no staples showing on the sides is also acceptable) and have a hanging wire. No sawtooth or photo hangers. Hanging wire should be 1/3 down from top of piece, not taut nor too much slack (the wire shouldn’t be too close to the top edge). An identification label must be attached to the back of 2D works on the upper-left-hand corner and wherever feasible on 3D works.
- Oil and acrylic paintings must be framed unless the painting extends to the sides of the canvas.
- Drawings, prints, and watercolors must be under glass and framed.
- Photographs should be under glass and framed. Exceptions include photographs printed on canvas if the photograph extends to the sides of the canvas. Other methods may be acceptable – contact WBCA with questions.
- Maximum size: 2D works must not exceed a total perimeter measurement of 144 inches, frame included. 3D works must not exceed 3 feet in any direction or weigh more than 50 pounds. Minimum size to the discretion of the artist.
- Artwork must be listed with a sales price or denoted not for sale (NFS). WBCA will handle all art sales. Artwork priced for sale should include 30% commission.