Online Plein Air Exhibition Information
Click here for the 2020 INTO NATURE show
This international competition will be an exhibition of the art work produced during the time frame between March-June 30, 2020. Paintings should originate from a plein air study or plein air experience since March 2020 but can be completed in studio. The work is solely up to the artists’ interpretation of life during this time.
ONLINE EXHIBITION DATES: July 13, 2020
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Fill out the submission form and upload your images by July 1, 2020, 11:59 PM
FEES: Each entry must be accompanied by an entry fee. Up to 3 entries accepted.
- $20 for 1 entry
- $35 for 2 entries
- $45 for 3 entries
- All individuals entering must be at least 18 years of age to accept cash prizes.
- Competition is open to residents of any state or country where acceptable by law.
- International entries are welcome. Email email@example.com if you need assistance.
- Paintings should originate from a plein air study or plein air experience since March 2020 but do not need to have been completed in plein air
- All entries must be original compositions and cannot be based on anything that has been published elsewhere. Copies of other artists’ work are not eligible. Paintings based on another person’s photograph (even if copyright-free) are not eligible. All entries must be 100% painted by the artist entering and cannot have been painted partially by an instructor.
- Photography, computer-generated, printed or painted over photographs are prohibited.
- WBCA reserves the right to refuse any artwork for any reason.
- All entries must be submitted online for judging
- First Place: $2,000
- 2nd Place: $1,000
- 3rd Place: $500
- Honorable Mention: $250
- Best Watercolor: $100
- Best Pastel: $100
- Best Acrylic/Oil: $100
- 100 pieces will be selected in a jurying process facilitated by 2 judges. WBCA will request that selected artists write a short artist statement. WBCA reserves the right to use selected images for promotion on its website and social platforms.
- Artists can choose to sell their work directly to buyers by submitting artist contact information. WBCA can post this information online with the artist statement or send you their contact information. WBCA will not handle sales transactions or shipping and handling. Artists’ Choice has reasonable shipping and handling in MN. There is a suggested 15% commission from sales that should be reflected in pricing.