Construction and COVID-19 Restriction Update
WBCA is navigating construction of its building and campus in addition to COVID-19 guidelines, and continues to explore safe ways to engage in arts activities.
With construction underway, on-site programming is limited this summer to ensure safety. There will be times when the parking lot and other spaces are inaccessible. WBCA asks you to stay flexible and stay safe! Stay tuned for more updates on construction.
WBCA is following all safety guidelines, including:
- Our building is not open to the public except for classes
- Class sizes will be limited
- Only one class will be scheduled at a time, with no evening classes
- At least one hour will be allowed between all classes to allow for thorough sanitizing of shared spaces and equipment
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes will be present in all classrooms
- Whenever possible, classroom doors and windows will be open
- Air purifiers are running in each classroom
- Students in all Imagine Art classes must wear a mask.
- Masks are optional for adults who have been fully vaccinated.
- WBCA staff will be wearing masks at all times when programming is taking place.
- If a teaching artist is sick, we will cancel the class
- If any student, staff, or teaching artist tests positive for COVID-19, all affected programs will be suspended for two weeks
- Students will receive full credit/refund for any cancelled classes
To keep our students and instructors safe, class sizes will be limited and equipment and tools will be sanitized between classes. Students agree to conduct a self-assessment for any symptoms before coming to WBCA. Students in all Imagine Art classes must wear a mask. Masks are optional for adults who have been fully vaccinated. If you are experiencing symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone who is ill, you must contact WBCA to cancel your registration and will receive a full credit/refund. WBCA reserves the right to remove students from programming if they do not follow guidelines. By registering you are agreeing to these guidelines.
Although the building remains closed to the general public, there are many ways to engage with WBCA:
- This summer, WBCA is offering limited adult and Imagine Art in-person classes, adhering to the guidelines above.
- Due to construction and extensive ground work, outdoor classes are being scheduled off-site.
- WBCA has a full range of virtual programs available as well. Find your next creative opportunity in our summer catalog of classes. View several exhibitions online, including the 47th Annual Northern Lights Juried Art Exhibition or the High School Visual Arts Contest.
- WBCA continues to explore other possibilities for in-person classes, events, and other programs, so stay tuned! If you would like to receive email updates from WBCA, please sign up here.
Thank you for your continued support and flexibility. White Bear Center for the Arts will remain a place for all by being safe for all. As conditions change, we continuously evaluate our guidelines and practices.